Tour Colorado (4 days / 3 nights)
• Upon arrival at Puerto Maldonado (the World Capital of Biodiversity), you will be met by your guide at the airport who will take you to the main port.
• The boat trip on the Tambopata River will last approximately two hours with lunch served on board. A cocktail reception will welcome you to Cayman Lodge Amazonie.
• Short visit of the lodges and accommodation will soon follow.
• At the end of the afternoon, we’ll have for an excursion to discover nocturnal wildlife and hear sounds of the jungle in the rainforest.
• After an early breakfast we will be departing to Colorado clay lick, located about 4 ½ hours up Tambopata river. This clay lick is actually one of the biggest on the banks of the Tambopata river.
• After lunch we’ll spend part of the afternoon exploring the trails around the clay lick with your guide.
• We will camp out on the beach near the clay lick.
• You’ll have to get up at dawn so that you can witness the arrival of the macaws and parrots. You’ll get to see a nature show which we’re sure will amaze. Macaws and parrots go to the clay lick to find the minerals and salts they need to neutralize the toxins they have ingested eating seeds or green fruits. There are on average several hundreds of macaws and parrots that come to the clay lick. You will see blue, yellow, green and brown macaws and parrots with blue heads.
• At the end of the morning we will go on an excursion in the forest to look for the 9 species of monkeys that live in this part of the Tambopata National Reserve.
• After this trekking we’ll head to “La Cascada el Gato” where we’ll have lunch. You’ll have the opportunity to have a swim in the waterfall should you wish to.
• In the middle of the afternoon we’ll go back to the lodge to rest in the hammocks facing the Tambopata River and watch the sunset.
• Just before your evening meal we’ll go for a boat ride to observe caymans and capybaras along the banks of the river.
• It is recommended to get up early to have breakfast before you start your trip back to Puerto Maldonado so that you’ll get to see the beautiful sunrise on the river. The wistitis and the howler monkeys that you often hear will accompany you throughout the trip back to Puerto Maldonado.
• Your guide will take you to the airport and will stay with you until your departure in case you need anything.