• Upon arrival at Puerto Maldonado (the World Capital of Biodiversity), you will be met by your guide at the airport who will take you to the main port.
• The boat trip on the Tambopata River will last approximately two hours with lunch served on board. A cocktail reception will welcome you to Cayman Lodge Amazonie.
• Short visit of the lodges and accommodation will soon follow.
• At the end of the afternoon, we’ll have for an excursion to discover nocturnal wildlife and hear sounds of the jungle in the rainforest.
• After an early breakfast, you’ll go for a two hours and a half jungle hike to Sachavacayoc lake. On your way there, you’ll get to see medicinal plants and different species of monkeys.
• We’ll explore this lake by canoe to see a lot of birds, parrots, macaws, giant otters, wild boars and others mammals. If you are lucky you might get to see an anaconda.
• Lunch will be a picnic in the forest facing the lake. • If you wish to, after lunch, you could go fishing before returning to the lodge where you’ll be able to relax in the hammocks facing the river.
• Then we’ll go on an early night excursion to see caymans and capybaras and to hear the jungle symphony from the river. Evening meal.
• Get up before the sun rises to depart by boat at 4am to head to Chuncho clay lick. You have to go this early so that you arrive before the arras and parrots come down. You’ll be at Chuncho clay lick at about 6 o’clock in the morning. Seats are provided so that you can peacefully observe the arras and parrots eating clay from the clay lick. You’ll certainly be amazed by this magical display of nature.
• You will have breakfast and embark on an excursion in search of mammals (wild boars, tapirs, monkeys), and if luck is on your side, you may even encounter a jaguar. You will then leave Colpa Chuncho to reach "Cascada el Gato" (The Cat's Waterfall).
• After lunch, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy a swim in the waterfalls.
• In the middle of the afternoon, we’ll go back to Cayman Lodge Amazonie.
• It is recommended that you get up early to have breakfast and start your trip back to Puerto Maldonado. You will have an amazing view of the sunrise over the Tambopata River. The animal life, in particular the wistitis and howler monkeys that you often hear during the morning hours will accompany you to the harbor.
• Your guide will take you to the airport and will stay with you until your departure in case you need anything.
• All meals and conveniences, including breakfast on the last day.
• All transportation from the time you arrive in Puerto Maldonado until you are taken back to the airport.
• One nocturnal outing on the river to search for caymans and capybaras.
Services not included
• Your plane tickets.
• The cost of entry to the Tambopata National Reserve (RNT).
• Airport taxes, drinks you might order at the Achuni bar or tips.