• Upon arrival at Puerto Maldonado (the World Capital of Biodiversity), you will be met by your guide at the airport who will take you to the main port.
• The boat trip on the Tambopata River will last approximately two hours with lunch served on board. A cocktail reception will welcome you to Cayman Lodge Amazonie.
• Short visit of the lodges and accommodation will soon follow.
• At the end of the afternoon, we’ll have for an excursion to discover nocturnal wildlife and hear sounds of the jungle in the rainforest.
• After an early breakfast, we’ll go for a two and a half hour jungle hike to Sachavacayoc Lake. On your way there, you’ll get to see medicinal plants and different species of monkeys.
• We’ll explore this lake by canoe to see a lot of birds (hoatzins, king fishers, snake birds, Wattled Jacana, giant ani birds, striated Heron), parrots, macaws, giant otters, wild pigs and other mammals. If you are lucky you might see an anaconda.
• Lunch will be a picnic in the forest facing the lake. If you wish to, after lunch, you could go fishing before returning to the lodge where you can relax in the hammocks facing the river.
• Later, there’ll be an early night excursion to see caymans and capybaras and to hear the jungle symphony from the river. Evening meal.
• After an early breakfast, you’ll go for an hour and a half jungle hike through the primary forest, during which you will have plenty of time to discover medicinal plants and various species of monkeys (squirrel monkeys, capuchin monkeys, howler monkeys...).
• Once at Condenado lake we’ll go for a canoe ride to observe various birds, otters, black caimans, monkeys, and more.
• We’ll be back at the lodge and after a quick rest will set off to the “Cascada el Gato”. It is a small and beautiful waterfall where we’ll have lunch and you can enjoy a swim if you wish to.
• We’ll be back at the lodge by the end of the afternoon.
• After an early breakfast we’ll leave Cayman Lodge Amazonie to catch your plane at Puerto Maldonado airport. Pay close attention to the fauna and the flora. This time of day is particularly good to see animals waking up, especially the howler monkeys.
• Your guide will take you to the airport and be available for you until your departure.
• All meals and conveniences, including breakfast on the last day.
• All transportation from the time you arrive in Puerto Maldonado until you are taken back to the airport.
• One nocturnal outing on the river to search for caymans and capybaras.
Services not included
• Your plane tickets.
• The cost of entry to the Tambopata National Reserve (RNT).
• Airport taxes, drinks you might order at the Achuni bar or tips.